Tuesday, November 24, 2009

#18 Is this really the end of the program.
I have made some discoveries in my journey of Learning 2.0. I have been enlightened with some of the Web 2.0 applications - wikis, blogs, RSS feeds,Newsreaders, tagging, FlickR, podcasts, Youtube - so now I have a better understanding of what these are and do. I may not use them all, but at least I know about them. On our internet PCs, I see people looking at video clips and YouTube. I haven't really been bothered looking at this in the past but now that I can hear video clips of Michael Buble - Iwill be checking this out.

Overall I think the learning program has given me a general understanding of what is happening in Libraries in Web 2.0 and where Librarians 2.0, the next generation of young librarians, will be heading in the next 5 years. There has been a lot of change in my work in the last 5 years now relying more on technology than ever. I am using search engines, electronic email, online catalogues and databases, online reference chat and I am sure that there will be more change in the years to come

No comments: